Proof It’s Genetic

January 4

My cousin sent me ancestral family photos recently. I had to laugh when I came across this one of my paternal grandmother’s aunt. Some things never change!

“Proof It’s Genetic”

1. On January 4th, 2012 at 5:36 pm Laurie (Moo!) Says:

Love. This! :-D

2. On January 4th, 2012 at 7:23 pm Anne Lustig Says:

True-My mom was a fantastic knitter. Taught me at age 5 because I had a birthdaY after the cut off date for kindergarten. She knit for the Red Cross and most recently before she passed away she was crocheting lap robes for the veterans. She was 91 years young. This kept her going and made her feel good to be able to contribute at her advanced age.
    She was still thinking about the color yarn she needed before she went in to surgery. Unfortunately she didn’t make it.
    I am now knitting teddy bears for the local hospital as well as knitting for my children and grandchildren and now 1 great granddaughter.

3. On January 5th, 2012 at 8:34 pm AudKnits Says:

Sounds like your mother was a terrific woman. Now I know where you got it from! :-)

4. On January 6th, 2012 at 10:35 am Brandie Says:

Love this! So awesome to have a picture of that. I learned a few years ago my great-great-grandma made money doing needlework. Cross stitch was my gateway drug to all the crafts I do now and I felt an instant connection too!

5. On February 17th, 2012 at 10:45 pm Mary Says:

Love the photos…am way behind reading your great blog. I realize now how much I missed and miss of you thoughts and pictures.

6. On February 20th, 2012 at 4:38 pm AudKnits Says:

Thank you, Mary. And to think Stitches West is coming up, and we won’t be there for the first time in a while. Waahhh.

Email will not be published

Website example