Girasole

January 11

Girasole. One of my favorite patterns to make - ever. It’s really quite easy to knit – it only looks complicated.  Mine is the blanket size, about 67″ across.

Girasole, blanket, Jared Flood, brooklyn tweed, lace, Cascade Pastaza

Girasole, blanket, Jared Flood, brooklyn tweed, lace, Cascade Pastaza

Girasole, blanket, Jared Flood, brooklyn tweed, lace, Cascade Pastaza

Girasole, blanket, Jared Flood, brooklyn tweed, lace, Cascade Pastaza

I used Cascade Pastazafor this project. It’s pretty hefty stuff, with 50% llama and 50% wool, but that’s just right for a large lacey blanket. If you’re considering using Pastaza, be forewarned – mine bled when I soaked it. You’ll want to use vinegar in your soak to set the dye.

Thanks, Jared, for another fantastic pattern!

“Girasole”

1. On January 12th, 2011 at 10:44 am Laurie (Moo!) Says:

It’s so pretty! Is the color a bright red or a deep orange? The blocking must have been a real b*tch!

I’m struggling thru the Wool Leaves baby blanket. The pattern is good but I think my motivation just isn’t there.

2. On January 12th, 2011 at 10:56 am AudKnits Says:

Thanks, Laurie! The color is a deep orange. It might have been even deeper if it hadn’t bled dye, including onto my brand new blocking boards. Sigh. Thank goodness for the Brooklyntweed Ravelry Group – there were excellent suggestions for how to block it. It wasn’t too difficult – just tedious. It took a couple of hours to soak, mark, pin, stretch.

My motivation for finishing Girasole was the end of the World Series. Maybe yours could be… what, Valentine’s Day?

3. On January 21st, 2011 at 1:53 am MeredithJean Says:

SO gorgeous and perfectly executed, thank you for showing us.

4. On January 25th, 2011 at 8:15 pm mdjknits Says:

Wow. Stunning Aud!!! I’m so glad you share your knitting beauty with us all. your photos are as striking as your projects! Thanks for the inspiration and showing us the way with craftsmanship and care to lovely results.

5. On February 6th, 2011 at 3:50 pm catherine Says:

What an absolutely stunning blanket. It is hard to believe you when you say it is an easy pattern even when I recognise some of the motifs

6. On February 6th, 2011 at 3:55 pm AudKnits Says:

That’s the elegance of Jared Flood’s designs. They’re fun to knit and produce great results.

7. On November 5th, 2011 at 9:20 am Pam Says:

I have been trying to start this for the past three days. I am not a newbie but just can’t seem to get started correctly. Did you follow Chart A exactly as printed? That means you did not add a knit row between charted rows and you knit the chart right to left and not row 1 right to left and then row 2 left to right.

8. On November 5th, 2011 at 1:00 pm AudKnits Says:

Hi Pam. It’s been a while since I made my Girasole, but if memory serves I did knit the chart as written. Because its worked in the round, all rows are read from right to left, with no additional rows. I hope you’re able to get it started all right! It was a fun pattern to work – Jared Flood is such a genius designer!

You must be logged in to post a comment.