Tangled Yoke Cardigan

March 29

At long last I’ve finished the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It soared to the top of my list of favorite patterns to knit. Eunny Jang’s genius in the cable design made it delightful. I kept wondering, “How did she think of that?” as I went along. I just love the long stretch of ribbing on the sleeves and bottom of the sweater as well.

I thoroughly enjoy the yarn. It’s Rowan’s Felted Tweed – the DK version. I was worried that the yarn would be scratchy, but I wore the sweater with just a shell on underneath and it was fine.  It’s the perfect spring sweater – light and just warm enough for cool mornings.

The color I used, Shade 141 Whisper, has been discontinued, but Rowan has come out with a bunch of other enticing colors. I can’t wait to use one of them to make another of these cardigans!

posted under Sweaters, Yarn | 9 Comments »

“Tangled Yoke Cardigan”

1. On March 29th, 2010 at 1:13 pm Laurie (Moo!) Says:

Isn’t it funny how that yarn isn’t scratchy? I made a sweater with Yorkshire Tweed and it’s just fine against my bare arms.

Your sweater is beautiful!!!

2. On March 29th, 2010 at 5:03 pm Alana Says:

Turned out great! :) Now I want one too!

3. On April 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am Karen Says:

I just love this cardigan, dear Audrey. Am looking up the pattern right now on Ravelry. Hope it isn’t too difficult!

4. On April 7th, 2010 at 3:09 pm audknits Says:

You are such a wonderful knitter, Karen, you would have no problem making this sweater! I hope you’ll keep me posted if you decide to make it. I’ll want to meet the yarn and follow your progress!

5. On May 12th, 2010 at 6:56 pm clarice Says:

thats beautiful audrey!
    one of the nicest i’ve seen
    tweed is my favourite type of yarn, bar none!

6. On May 13th, 2010 at 7:18 am AudKnits Says:

Thank you, Clarice! I adore Rowan’s Felted Tweed and would like to make a zillion more garments from it. What patterns have you used for tweed?

7. On August 17th, 2010 at 9:30 am Tangled Yoke Obsession | Free Knitting Patterns, Instructions, Projects & Designs. Learn How to Knit! Says:

[…] It’s from my all time favorite Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I know, I know. I just finished this in blue a couple of months ago. But here’s what […]

8. On November 23rd, 2010 at 3:49 pm Rosy Says:

It’s pretty beautiful. I have tried to find the pattern of that cardigan and I don’t find it in the web. You could help me! to provide some data: how many beginning points and how many points in the sleeve? Thank you.

9. On November 26th, 2010 at 10:30 am AudKnits Says:

The Tangled Yoke Cardigan pattern is available here: http://www.interweavestore.com/Knitting/Patterns/Tangled-Yoke-Cardigan.html
    I’m sorry I don’t understand your question about the beginning and ending points. The sleeves are worked in the round. Does that help?

If you decide to make it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I wear the sweater all the time, too!